September 5, 2011

Jamie Oliver is My Hero

source
Seriously. I have become slightly obsessed with the guy. More recently people have probably heard about him because of his "Food Revolution" and while I think he is doing a good thing, it is my DVR'd reruns of his show "Jamie at Home" that aired several years ago that have me swooning.

In a nutshell the show follows Jaime around his house as he creates meals using ingredients grown in his own country garden. The recipes look simple and delicious and have me so excited about cooking. I seriously love everything about the show. He even has a cookbook with the recipes from the show. Needless to say, I know one thing that will be on my Christmas list this year.  And while everything looks great it was his technique on cooking white rice that completely won me over.

source
I have never had luck cooking rice. No matter what I did the rice would be sticky or gummy or just plain bad. Which is so disappointing considering how much I love eating the stuff. When I saw my new bff's method I figured it wouldn't hurt to try it. OH MY GOSH - the guy is a genius. It was perfect. Here's the link to his website and his recipe for cooking rice.

You should definitely check the show out. Fair warning though, it's addictive.

1 comment:

  1. I even watch him on occasion and I don't even cook.

    ReplyDelete