July 4, 2011

Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches

Happy Fourth of July! I hope everyone has a spectacular Independence Day. We will be barbecuing with friends, watching the kids swim, and trying to beat the 100 degree heat with these homemade Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches for dessert.


I've got to be honest. I'm pretty excited about this. Dessert may turn into an appetizer.

I used this recipe for the cookies from Two Tarts and man are they de.li.cous! This is definitely my new go to Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe. However, I did omit the extra sprinkle of salt on top... mostly because I forgot.

And here is the vanilla ice cream recipe:

1 quart half-and-half
1 cup heavy whipping cream
3/4 cup sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
small pinch of salt


Mix all the ingredients in a bowl until the sugar is dissolved. Pour into ice cream machine and mix until soft serve consistency. Transfer to a freezer safe dish with a lid and freeze until hardened.

Add all of that to a meal of hamburgers, sausages, corn and watermelon and I think we just might have the perfect afternoon. How are you celebrating this year?

Posted at: 
We Did It! Wednesday at Sew Much Ado

1 comment:

  1. Those look amazing! Did you do anything fun for your birthday?

    ReplyDelete